Brisbane Multicultural Directory
Be the first to advertise in Brisbane Multicultural Directory!
We are developing brisbane.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Brisbane for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Multicultural Directory in Brisbane?
Multicultural Organisations in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Brisbane is a culturally diverse city with a range of multicultural organisations that cater to individuals and communities from various cultural backgrounds. These organisations play a significant role in promoting cultural awareness and integration within the community by providing support, services, and activities for individuals and groups from different cultural backgrounds. In this article, we will categorise, list, and describe the benefits and activities of each multicultural organisation within and around Brisbane.
1. Multicultural Development Association (MDA)
The Multicultural Development Association (MDA) is a community-based, non-profit organisation that helps people from refugee and migrant backgrounds settle in Australia. MDA provides a range of services, including settlement support, community engagement, and training and employment programs. The organisation also promotes cultural diversity and social cohesion through various events and activities.
Some of the benefits of MDA include:
- Free settlement, migration, and visa advice
- Employment support and job readiness training
- Community activities and events that promote cultural diversity
Address: Level 1, 195 Newnham Rd, Mount Gravatt, QLD 4122
Phone: (07) 3337 5400
2. Access Community Services Limited
Access Community Services Limited is a registered charity organisation that provides a range of services to support disadvantaged individuals and communities, including migrants, refugees, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The organisation aims to promote social inclusion and empowerment through various initiatives and programs.
Some of the benefits of Access Community Services Limited include:
- Settlement support, including access to education, housing, and health services
- Employment support and training programs
- Community development and engagement initiatives
- Cultural awareness training for businesses and organisations
Address: 36 Agnes St, Logan Central, QLD 4114
Phone: (07) 3412 9999
3. Queensland African Communities Council (QACC)
The Queensland African Communities Council (QACC) is a non-profit organisation that seeks to empower people from African backgrounds through programs that promote social and cultural integration. The organisation promotes African cultures and traditions by organising cultural events and activities that showcase African art, music, and dance.
Some of the benefits of QACC include:
- Settlement support, including access to education and employment opportunities
- Community development and engagement initiatives
- Cultural events and activities that promote African heritage and traditions
Address: Level 1, 23 Edgar St, Bowen Hills, QLD 4006
Phone: (07) 3252 4755
4. Islamic Women's Association of Queensland (IWAQ)
The Islamic Women's Association of Queensland (IWAQ) is a non-profit, community-based organisation that provides support and services to women and families from Muslim backgrounds. IWAQ promotes social inclusion, empowerment, and cultural diversity through its programs and initiatives.
Some of the benefits of IWAQ include:
- Support services for women and children, including counselling and accommodation
- Education and training programs
- Community events that promote cultural diversity and understanding
- Advocacy and representation for Muslim women and families
Address: Suite 3, 46-48 Blackwood St, Mitchelton, QLD 4053
Phone: (07) 3257 1868
5. Refugee and Immigration Legal Service (RAILS)
The Refugee and Immigration Legal Service (RAILS) is a non-profit organisation that provides free legal advice and assistance to asylum seekers, refugees, and other people from migrant backgrounds. RAILS aims to promote social justice, human rights, and access to justice through its services and advocacy work.
Some of the benefits of RAILS include:
- Free legal advice and assistance with immigration and refugee law matters
- Advocacy and representation for people seeking asylum and refugees
- Education and training programs on legal issues affecting people from migrant backgrounds
Address: Level 4, 170 Jane St, West End, QLD 4101
Phone: (07) 3846 9300
multicultural organisations play a vital role in promoting cultural diversity and integration within communities. The above-listed organisations are just some of the many multicultural organisations in the Brisbane region that provide essential services and programs to support individuals and communities from diverse cultural backgrounds. Each organisation has unique benefits and activities that cater to specific needs and interests. If you or someone you know could benefit from these services, don't hesitate to get in touch with the organisation that best suits your needs.
Brisbane Multicultural Articles