Brisbane Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Brisbane event simply Login
Events in and around Brisbane
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in and Around Brisbane
Brisbane is a vibrant and exciting city that offers a variety of activities and events all year round. The beautiful climate in Queensland means that there is always something to do, no matter the season. Here are some of the best events to attend in and around Brisbane:
1. New Year's Eve Fireworks - On December 31st every year, Brisbane hosts an incredible fireworks display to ring in the New Year. The fireworks take place at South Bank and are accompanied by live music and entertainment. This is a must-see event for anyone in the city.
2. The Royal Queensland Show - Held in August each year, the Royal Queensland Show (also known as the "Ekka") is a popular event that showcases the best of Queensland agriculture. There are also carnival rides, games, and live music to enjoy.
3. Brisbane Festival - The Brisbane Festival takes place in late September and early October and features a range of cultural, artistic, and musical events across the city. There are free concerts, art exhibitions, and theatre performances to enjoy.
4. Riverfire - Taking place in late September, Riverfire is an incredible display of fireworks that illuminate the Brisbane River. This event is free to attend, and there are plenty of vantage points to enjoy the show.
1. Oktoberfest Brisbane - Oktoberfest Brisbane is an annual event that celebrates German culture. Taking place in October at Brisbane's RNA showgrounds, there are authentic German food, beer, music and dancing.
2. Brisbane International - The Brisbane International is one of the biggest sporting events in the city, featuring some of the world's top tennis players. The tournament takes place in January at the Queensland Tennis Centre.
3. Brisbane Open House - This event takes place over a weekend in October and offers a rare opportunity to explore some of the city's most iconic buildings and structures. Many of the buildings are normally closed to the public, making this a truly unique event.
4. Italian Festival - Held in a new venue each year, the Italian Festival is a celebration of Italian culture with plenty of food, wine, music and performances.
1. Winter Festival - Each July, the Winter Festival transforms King George Square into a winter wonderland, complete with ice-skating, tobogganing, and snowboarding. There are also plenty of food and drink stalls to keep visitors warm and well-fed.
2. Christmas Markets - The festive season is a magical time in Brisbane, with many markets opening up across the city. The markets offer a range of food, gifts, and festive decorations to get everyone into the Christmas spirit.
3. Paniyiri Greek Festival - The Paniyiri Greek Festival is one of Brisbane's oldest and most loved cultural events, held in May each year. There are plenty of traditional Greek foods to try, as well as music, dancing, and performances.
4. Queensland Music Festival - Held bi-annually, the Queensland Music Festival showcases the best in local and national music talent. The festival takes place in various venues across the city, and there are plenty of free events to enjoy.
1. Brisbane Marathon - The Brisbane Marathon takes place each August and attracts participants from all around the world. There are races for all fitness levels, including a full marathon, half-marathon, and 10K run.
2. Spring Racing Carnival - The Spring Racing Carnival takes place in September and October, with several major horse racing events taking place across the city. There are plenty of opportunities to dress up and enjoy the atmosphere.
3. Brisbane Writers Festival - The Brisbane Writers Festival is held in September each year and attracts some of the biggest names in literature. There are plenty of book readings, author talks, and literary events to enjoy.
4. Brisbane Pride Festival - The Brisbane Pride Festival is held each September and celebrates the LGBTIQ+ community in the city. There are parades, parties, and other events to enjoy.
If you are interested in attending any of the events mentioned above, you can find out more information by visiting the following websites:
No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone in and around Brisbane. From cultural events to sporting extravaganzas, there is always plenty to do and see. So why not plan your next adventure in Queensland and experience all that this beautiful region has to offer?